Europe has one of the world’s highest standards of animal welfare. It provides the European aquaculture sector with a competitive advantage in the consumer’s search for safe, healthy and environmental-friendly food products. The Farm to Fork Strategy, which is at the heart of the European Green Deal, is aiming to strengthen this position. The EATiP Forum highlighted a set of smart solutions and digitalization tools to achieve better monitoring, control and management for different aquaculture systems, both at sea and on land.
The presentations can be viewed by clicking on the titles below.
The forum was organised in collaboration with the EU funded project AQUAEXCEL2020.
- Remote monitoring and analysis and fish welfare indicators in realtime. Sven Jørund Kolstø / CEO Optoscale
- Novel sensors to measure distributed flow in aquaculture sea cages. AQUAEXCEL2020 Asko Ristolainen /Tallinn University of Technology. View recording HERE
- Water Quality Monitoring in Relation to Animal Welfare. Mette Cristine Schou Frandsen / OxyGuard International
- Improving Atlantic salmon feeding process efficiency with the Smart System for Feeding Control (SICA). AQUAEXCEL2020 Rosa Martínez Álvarez-Castellanos / CTN-Marine Technology Centre
- AI-based fish health diagnosis. Dominik Ewald / Co-founder & CSO Monitorfish
- The potential of functional feeds to improve fish welfare. Charles McGurk / R&D manager Skretting ARC
Thank you for your interest and see you at our next event!