AQUAFEED OF THE FUTURE – WEBINAR OCTOBER 30TH
The Farm to Fork Strategy aims to reduce the environmental and climate impact of animal production, and to support the ongoing transition towards more sustainable livestock farming. Therefore, the European Commission will facilitate the placing on the market of sustainable and innovative feed additives. EATiP acknowledges the limitations on specific resource supplies for compound feeds. In addition to contributing to the sustainability of the sector, it is critical that alternative feed ingredients should not reduce the dietary and health attributes of the final product. The aim of this webinar is to show the potential of new ingredients for aquafeed, to highlight innovations in the use of algae, insects and single-cell proteins as promising feed ingredients and to stimulate discussions and potential project collaboration among attendants.
The forum is organised in collaboration with the EU funded project AQUAEXCEL2020.
Welcome by the EATIP
The potential of new ingredients for aquaculture – a review of the current situation. Alex Obach | FEFAC / Skretting ARC
- Insects in Aquaculture market. Adriana Casillas | CEO in MEALFOOD Europe
- Effect of black soldier fly meal inclusion on production of pikeperch AQUAEXCEL2020. Laura Gasco | University of Turin
- Microfood for macrochallenges. Allan LeBlanc | CALYSTA
- LSAqua protein source for rainbow trout diets AQUAEXCEL2020. Paula Sole-Jiminez | LSAQUA
- Unlocking the magnificent potential of algae in functional aquafeeds. Jorge Dias | SPAROS LDA
Open discussion. Chair: Yolanda Molares, Cluster ACUIPLUS