EATiP AGM 2016
The Annual General Meeting of the EATiP took successfully place on 6&7th June 2016 in the HOTEL THE DOMINICAN, Brussels. The 8th EATiP Meeting Minutes are now available.
Prior to the AGM, a meeting of the Mirror Platforms (MiP) Working Group was organised so as to map the MiPs in Med and Black Sea area, draft the Work program of MiP WG for the next 12 months and discuss how to best revise the EATiP Vision.
This AGM2016 focussed on reviewing the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) of EATiP, research engaged and prioritisation. A questionnaire on 'Top Priorities' was prepared and will be still available on the following link for a few weeks.
The International Cooperation Working Group met on the second day to review progress on a range of actions that have been addressed.
An update of the Aquaexcel 2020 project was also provided, alongside developments in other European projects, including preparation for the EATiP-EAS day within Aquaculture Europe 2016.
The presentations are now available by clicking on the links below:
Welcome presentation & introduction
‘Developing Aquaculture in Europe’
• AGM Introduction, Mr. Courtney Hough - EATiP General Secretary
Horizon 2020 & aquaculture research
• Horizon 2020 & Aquaculture Research, Mr. Jacques Fuchs, EC DG R&I
• EC priorities & Discussion
Revising EATiP’s Research & Innovation Agenda
• Presentation and Discussion
• Prioritisation of key topics
European Project Updates
1. Innovation in Selective breeding
• ‘ FABRE 'Fishboost', Mr. Jan Venneman, FABRE TP
2. Effects of Climate change on aquaculture
• ‘ CLIMEFISH’, Dr. Elisabeth Ytterborg, NOFIMA
• ‘ CERES’, Prof. Myron Peck, University of Hamburg
3. European project developments
• ‘ ORAQUA’ – organic aquaculture, Mr. Courtney Hough, EATiP General Secretary
• ‘ AQUAEXCEL2020’ – research infrastructures, Prof. John Bostock, University of Stirling
INCO Working Group, Prof. Patrick Sorgeloos, University of Ghent
• ASEAN, incl. EURASTIP Proposal
• GALWAY (EU-CANADA-US)
• Additional cooperation opportunities
Cooperation with GFCM
• GFCM - workplan 2016-2019, Mr. Fabio Massa, FAO-GFCM
EATiP in 2016
• Cooperation with EFARO, Mr. Arne Fredheim
• EATiP-EAS Day 2016
8th Annual General Meeting of EATiP
-------Read the article published in EUROFISH magazine-------