The aquaculture is faced by a number of challenges, due to stringent safety regulations and to a decrease in turnover and market prices.
EATiP has gathered information of relevance:
- EC Question & Answers on COVID-19 and food safety, as well as a fact sheet and information note. For more info on the EC help to local aquaculture communities, read HERE
- The COVID-19 Message Board is a website for sharing news about initiatives and actions being taken by FLAGs, National Networks and Managing Authorities to support small-scale aquaculture
- A lot of H2020 call deadlines have been extended. The European Research Area corona platform shows all updated deadlines HERE
- The European Commission has launched the 2020 EMFF pre-financing process in advance, allowing the member states to accelerate investements. The amended regulation can be read HERE
- The EU Council proposed an amendment of the EMFF regulation, introducing a set of measures to financially support the aquaculture sector. Read the press release HERE
- A market analysis is provided in the latest EUMOFA and COVID-19 monitoring bulletin HERE
Any other measures you know about? Take contact with firstname.lastname@example.org.